Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, restrictions for entry into Indonesia apply. Entering Indonesia requires a valid visa or a stay permit. Visa Free Entry are suspended until further notice.
Visa application is centrally managed by the Indonesian Immigration and accessible at visa-online.imigrasi.go.id. Only the sponsor is allowed to apply for the visa on behalf of the visitor. Guidelines for the application is available at bit.ly/bukumanualevisa. Official information regarding e-Visa available at https://www.imigrasi.go.id/en/ > Immigration Information > Immigration Services > For foreign nationals > Apply for Indonesian Visa.
To obtain e-Visa, you must have a local sponsor. The local sponsor must either be an individual, a company, or an institution that resides in Indonesia, that is relevant to your visit and will take full responsibility for your stay in Indonesia.
If the application is approved, you will receive an e-Visa by email. Please print the e-Visa prior to your departure. You do not need to submit anything to the Indonesian Embassy.
Starting on 30 May 2022, the Indonesian Government begins to issue Special Visa on Arrival for Tourism and Visa Exemption Facility applicable for entry through
(a) Soekarno Hatta, Jakarta,
(b) Ngurah Rai, Denpasar, Bali,
(c) Kualanamu, Medan, North Sumatera,
(d) Juanda, Surabaya, East Java,
(e) Hasanuddin, Makassar, South Sulawesi,
(f) Sam Ratulangi, Manado, North Sulawesi, and
(g) Yogyakarta, Yogyakarta,
(h) Hang Nadim, Riau, Kepulauan Riau,
(i) Zainuddin Abdul Majid, Lombok, Nusa Tenggara Barat.
(a) Nongsa Terminal Bahari, Riau Islands,
(b) Batam Centre, Riau Islands,
(c) Sekupang, Riau Islands,
(d) Citra Tri Tunas , Riau Islands,
(e) Marina Teluk Senimb, Riau Islands,
(f) Bandar Bentan Telani Lago, Riau Islands,
(g) Bandar Seri Udana Lobam, Riau Islands, and
(h) Sri Bintan Pura, Riau Islands,
(i) Dumai, Riau,
(j) Tanjung Balai Karimun, Kepulauan Riau
(k) Benoa, Bali
(3) Land Immigration Post
(a) Entikong, West Kalimantan,
(b) Aruk, West Kalimantan Barat,
(c) Mota'in, East Nusa Tenggara, and
(d) Tunon Taka, North Kalimantan.
Visa Exemption Facility applicable to holders of passports from following countries ;
(1) Brunei Darussalam,
(8) Thailand, and
Visa on Arrival applicable to holders of the passports from the following countries (in alphabetical orders):
- Brunei Darussalam
- Bosnia Herzegovina
- Great Britain
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Arab Emirates
- United States of America
Here are the requirements to obtain Visa on Arrival :
- Passport valid for 6 months since date of entry;
- Return or onward ticket (which indicates the date of departure from Indonesia);
- Visa on Arrival fee Rp. 500.000,-
- Other relevant documents as requested by Covid-19 Task Force (please refer to Indonesia health protocols below).
Please prepare your documents and follow the health and safety measures in Indonesia.
Indonesia applies the following health protocols since 8 June 2022 until further notice.
1. PCR test is no longer required to enter Indonesia if traveler fully vaccinated. Note: Airlines / carriers may have different requirement to board their transport vehicle regarding PCR test;
2. Showing insurance coverage statement for Covid-19 treatment in Indonesia is no longer required;
3. Traveler who has not been vaccinated will be vaccinated upon entry point;
4. Download an Indonesian mobile application PeduliLindungi (available on Google Play; App Store, App Gallery);
5. Register your Covid-19 vaccine certificate at vaksinln.dto.kemkes.go.id/sign/in (your verified certificate will appear on your PeduliLindungi app) for your access to indoor public places in Indonesia;
6. Show printed or digital proof that you are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 at least 14 days prior to your departure (exemptions apply to visitors under 18 years old, diplomatic/official government visit, and medically certified persons). Indonesian citizen who are not fully vaccinated will receive vaccination after quarantine;
7. A traveler that has been Covid-19 infected is exempted from showing Covid-19 vaccine certificate as long as traveler can show a medical attestation from doctor/hospital/ministry of health or a Covid-19 recovery certificate from departure country (in English) confirming that the traveler is no longer transmitting Covid-19;
8. Temperature check upon arrival in Indonesia and if travelers has fever and/or Covid-19 symptoms then PCR test upon arrival must be done. If travelers are not required to do PCR test upon arrival then they may continue their journey;
9. A. If travelers must do PCR test upon arrival then they need to wait for negative PCR test result at hotel/accommodation.
B. If traveler's PCR test upon arrival is positive then they need to quarantine or treated in hospital as suggested by Ministry of Health officials.
10. Quarantine duration 5 x 24 hours for those who have not vaccinated or have received 1 dose of vaccine due to medical reasons are required to show a medical certificate from local hospital explaining the reason of why they cannot complete/receive vaccination, followed by another PCR test on the fourth day of arrival in Indonesia;
11. You will have clearance to continue your journey in Indonesia if test result is negative.
In the case of a positive PCR test results upon arrival in Indonesia:
- Isolate at an approved facility or at a hospital.
- Foreign citizens must bear their own isolation expenses.
- Isolation costs for Indonesian citizens will be covered by the Indonesian Government.